Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Life Update


I woke up at 3:30 this morning. I was up for about two hours. I just didn’t feel tired and my mind was racing. Guess what I was thinking about? This blog!
How I wrote one post months ago. How I couldn’t really remember what I wrote about. How I just felt like writing.
So, I had to look up my own blog (I didn’t even know my own URL!).
What I saw made me happy.
I had made some goals for myself. The goals weren’t anything crazy – but they were mine. The things I truly wanted.
So, since I’d really like to keep up with this whole blogging thing, I figured I would fill you in on the past 9 months (no – I didn’t have a baby, just happened to be the time span, unless you’d like to think of this blog as my baby, then yes—it took me 9 months to ‘cook-up’ the courage to write again).

Here were my goals and how/ if I achieved them:

graduate with my Masters (fingers crossed that will be happening in May 2015)
YES! I did graduate with my Masters on May 8th 2015 (with honors!) Going back for my Masters degree was the best thing I’ve ever decided to do. The things my mind was opened up to, the people I met, the experiences I had, and the field I fell in love with! I wouldn’t change my decision to go back to school for a split second! 

                                          My husband, Tommy, and I at my graduation!


*get a FULL TIME job after graduation 

UGH. The high of graduating followed by the low of job searching is rough. For real. Still working on this one. I’m trying to be optimistic. More on this later..

*run a half marathon
SO.. I didn’t run a half marathon, HOWEVER I did run a 10k (6.2 miles) that I am super proud of!!! I think it was wise to start with a 10k rather than a half marathon because I got the real experience of training and how my body felt running (I AM NOT A RUNNER – NEVER HAVE BEEN). Although I don’t despise running as much as I used to, I’m not sure I have the desire to do a half marathon anymore. I’d like to keep doing 5ks just to stay running, but I believe the only half marathon I’d be excited about doing would be the Disney Princess Half Marathon!! Maybe one day!?

 
Tommy and I ran the race with two of our dear friends. It was nice to have another couple to not only talk about training with but to get to spend the day with them as well!


*feel confident and beautiful in my wedding dress (I'm getting married in May!)
I got married on May 30th, 2015 I plan on dedicating a whole blog post to the wedding day (maybe even more than one post) but I was so afraid that I was going to look back on pictures and regret how I looked. It totally freaked me out when one day my now sister-in-law said something to me about how my wedding day will be the day I am the most beautiful, ever. THAT’S A LOT OF PRESSURE!! Up until she said that to me – I hadn’t thought about it that way. So, the thought of not feeling beautiful in my wedding dress had me stressed out! The dress I went with ending up complimenting my body type wonderfully. While I lost about 7 lbs for the wedding day (I wanted to loose more) I felt comfortable and happy! Of course there were still moments when I thought “I hope I don’t look pregnant right now!!” (my stomach is my biggest problem area) I’m happy and thankful for the progress I did make!

                                       With my sister and my momma shortly after the ceremony!

                                                           Dancing with my dad! 


More wedding pictures to come :) 




Now, I feel as if it’s time to make some new goals! 

One is definitely staying the same – this whole finding a real, full time job thing! The other is keeping up with this blog :) any tips you have would be awesome!


What are some of your goals!? I’d love to hear them!

Also, please feel free to check me out on instagram -> LoveAlwayssssLis


Thanks for stopping by!

Love always,
Lis
 

1 comment:

  1. I love your wedding dress! You looked gorgeous in it! So pretty and romantic. So many goals accomplished. That's so neat to look back and review them. I feel like I have a running list of goals, but don't refer to them often enough to try and do them. I need to make that my TOP goal! HA!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete