Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Our Love Story



Welcome to the first installment of Wedding Wednesday!!!

Although my wedding has past (May 30th, 2015) I thought it would be fun to do a series of Wedding Wednesdays so that I can reminisce in all things wedding!

 Here is what Wednesdays will consist of for the next couple of weeks..
 
                                       How We Met (this is what I’m going to be talking about today!)

                My Bachlorette
                Days Leading Up to the Wedding/ Rehersal Dinner
                Our Wedding Day!
                What I Learned/ Tips for Planning a Wedding

So.. lets jump right into the first topic.. Our Love Story..

My undergrad degree is in el ed and at my school – men in education classes are few and far between. So on the first day of class when a male enters the room, he is noticed! And boy did I notice Tommy! He looked like the definition of a ‘surfer dude’. Long blonde hair, tan skin, blue eyes. I used to skootch my chair so I could get a better look at him in class ;) 

 
 I could never get up the courage to talk to him in class. The semester ended with zero words being exchanged. 


While we were out being typical 22 year old college students on Saint Patrick’s Day, my roomie called to inform me that Tommy was at the bar (she was also in our class the previous semester). So what is a girl to do besides book it to the bar

Once I got there she encouraged me to go and talk to him, I had liquid courage on my side so I decided to go for it, what did I have to lose?!
I walked right up to him and asked him to dance. He agreed and we danced the rest of the night! He got my number and called the next day – the rest as they say – is history!! 

Want to know what the kicker is? He doesn’t even remember me from class!!
Making the first move ended up changing my life!

We've been together for 4 years - and married for a little over 1 month. Here are a few pictures of us over the years.. 


He's 6'5 so in order for our shirts to work he had to bend down a little! haha

My favorite from our engagement pictures last October!




My roomie was one of the bridesmaids at our wedding and since I give her all the credit for encouraging me to talk to Tommy – I asked her to tell the story of the night we met at our wedding, so you will get to hear her side once I post our wedding video!


That’s all for now! Thank you for reading and if there is something you’ve been wanting to do but have been too afraid to just “go for it” I highly suggest your try – what do you have to lose!?

Love Always,
Lis 


No comments:

Post a Comment