Monday, July 20, 2015

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!

This morning I tried to make my husband a quick batch of pancakes before he left for work. I had bisquick leftover from making peach cobbler over the weekend so I thought that would be a perfect way to finish it off. It must have been too early in the morning because I put twice the amount of water that I was supposed to into the jug! Needless to say, he had a bagel for breakfast haha

This past weekend was packed with friend filled events and adventures!

Early Saturday morning my mom, my friend Lisa and I pack up and drove almost 4 hours to see our friend Nicole who was having an "I'm home" picnic! Nicole is a teacher in Abu Dhabi and is home for a little less than a month.

I got to see her when she came home for my wedding (what a friend to literally travel half way across the world to be there for your big day!!). But this is the last chance to see her for another whole year!

Our initial plan was to just drive up for the day and come home late Saturday night so I could be up early to get ready and head over to my other friend, Erin's gender reveal party to help set up. 

Well, we last minute decided to stay the night and go out with Nicole in her hometown. I'm so happy we did! Even though I was running on three hours of sleep Sunday, I was thankful to get to spend some extra time with Nicole and make some great memories. 

Nicole, myself, my Momma and Lisa!


I had been waiting for Sunday to happen for what felt like forever

The day was hot and the party was outside. Luckily my 2 year old Goddaughter grabbed my hand and said "lets go lis!" and we ran through the sprinklers a few times which really cooled us off! (even if she hadn't asked me to go through with her I probably would have done it - but a 2 yr old is a good excuse, right?!)

Us running through the sprinklers while also getting hit by water guns!      

Erin had set up a canvas and filled black balloons with both pink and blue paint. They assigned someone to look at the note from the doctor and place the appropriate color balloon into a white bucket. Erin and her husband then through the balloons at the canvas and.. here is what happened....


A baby girl!!!! Although I kind of  thought it was a boy - I was just as excited when I saw the pink paint!!

Now - it's time to plan the baby shower! Erin has asked a few of our group to take the lead with shower planning! I LOVE to plan things so you can already imagine I've been going crazy over pinterest! I believe we are going to do a white & gold theme. Anyone have any tips/ fun things that you've done or seen at a baby shower?! All ideas welcome :) 


Have a wonderful week and check back Wednesday for #WeddingWendesday where I'll be giving you the low down on my MDW Bacholorette!!

Love Always,
Lis

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you enjoyed a fantastic weekend! CONGRATS to your friend on the news that she's expecting a sweet lit'l baby girl!! Being that I have two daughters myself I have to admit I'm always excited to see pink at a baby reveal! ;) Enjoy planning her baby shower! :) xo - Brenda // Chatting Over Chocolate

    ReplyDelete